Create a Campaign
What is your Dharma? This is your opportunity to dream, believe, and create a project to help support your path in life. Your project can be anything you would like to create and receive support with. Some examples include funding support for: writing a book, making a CD, producing a film, creating a product, etc.
Every Project Should Have:
- A Story with a Video
- Rewards or Perks you can offer to you supporters
- A plan to keep your community updated of the progress of your campaign
How to Start
A few quick things to know about Creating a Dharma Fund Project:
- No fees to create a campaign
- No obligations or commitments
- No experience necessary
1) Share Your Story
This is where you have an opportunity to connect with the community.
Create a brief written description and then take to video to share the rest:
- Who you are?
- What is your dharma?
- What is story behind your project?
- What is your timeline?
- What is your goal?
- What are your rewards?
This is the opportunity you have to appreciate those that support you. Rewards can be as simple as a copy of your book or as creative as an opportunity to be featured in your new documentary on “Dharma”. Here are some examples of rewards:
- Copies of your product
- Limited Additions (ie autographed or pre-released copies)
- Memories (ie. supporters get to sing with you on stage at your next show)
- Gratitude (ie. your name in the credits of the book)
How to Price
The most common contribution is $25. The average contribution is around $70. Have a wide-range of rewards and contribution options for all potential supporters in the community.
- List your expenses
- Consider who is your community and target market
- Choose your Goal Amount
- Set a Timeline and Deadline
4) Spreading the Word About Your Project
- Make an Official Announcement (Email, Social Media, Your Website, Your class, show, etc)
- Reach our Personally to your Community (phone calls, personal emails, meetings, etc.)
- Press Release (you never know if your project might be featured)
- Host a Special Event (gather people together to celebrate your Dharma Fund Project)
Support a Campaign
1) Find a Project
Most of our contributors learn about projects from friends or their community. If you are interested in being a supporter you can also search our projects and also join our Newsletter or FB Page where we also share about projects.
2) Contribute to a Project
By supporting someones Dharma you are also supporting the collective community. DF projects are inspired and created by individuals who want to make a difference and your support helps this cause.
3) Contribute with Trust
4) Contribute to a Cause
By choosing to contribute to projects created by Non-Profit (501c3) you have the opportunity to receive tax deductions from your contributions.
5) Receive Rewards
Rewards are non-monetary perks that campaigners offer in exchange for your contribution. They can be anything, such as receiving a Pre-Release Signed CD, to adding your name to the credits of a documentary, to having a private one-on-one class or session.